Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mama I'm Coming Home

Feels pretty weird that it's only a few weeks 'til we come home now. I'm experiencing a strange combination of emotions. I'm really looking forward to seeing mum, the rest of my family and all my friends from home and Luffs, but there's also a slightly uncomfortable feeling in my stomach when I think of leaving the backpacker lifestyle and that I've got used to having Andy around all the time. Also a bit anxious about getting a job as I still have no idea what I want to do, and temping isn't that much fun. Though I don't have much choice there since I'm in debt as it is and I'll have to start paying mum rent soon, too. I'm also not sure where I want to live - Kent, Luffs or somewhere completely different, e.g. London. It will be nice not to have to live out of a backpack, mind you. I'm hoping I don't get stuck in a rut and all mopey like I was before, but I'm not the most optimistic person on the planet so thinking positively is a bit of a strain at the moment! nngh. I definitely want to come home, I couldn't stay travelling/ living in another country forever or anything, but I'm a bit insecure about what I'm going back to, apart from the relative security of my family and friends.

Travelling's made me see lots of things differently, so if anything at least I might go back with a clearer and more mature outlook on things.

On a sidenote, read Cloud Atlas and go and see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!

3 Comments:

Blogger Union Jackal said...

I'm sure both of you worldly-wise types will be fine- except for probably being bored shitless back here in Blighty. ;)
If either of you end up looking for work in Loughborough, try Pertemps- I can say nothing but good things about them. Hell, it's like having an agent. ;)

7:40 pm  
Blogger Kate said...

:)

What's the pay like in Luffs? Probably not as good as London, though everything else in London is more expensive, esp. travel.

8:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just don't go and work FOR pertemps. You'll get screwed.

JR Personnel are reportedly quite good.

Pay in Luffs, well it's ok. The 20% salary hike you might get in London is all well and good but is counteracted by the fact that everything is 20% more expensive.

Move back to Luff. Then you can still be near Andy. Awwwwwww ;) Plus face it Kate. You miss us....

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home